Description Description Description Description Description Description
Description

Friday 9 May 2014

Slumville Sunrise




I am unashamedly a huge fan of British musician Jake Bugg, he is without doubt an amazing talent who I predict will follow in the footsteps of the likes of Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher and Morrissey due to his uncanny ability to fuse his observations of the society around him into his work.
The track 'Slumville Sunrise' has been stuck in my head for a few months now, firstly because it's a pretty epic track, but also because the lyrics resonate with my own upbringing in the UK somewhat.
I grew up in a town in Hertfordshire on the outskirts of London, and always had dreams of leaving.  Don't get me wrong, I was happy there and still to this day have great friends there, but something about me wanting to explore and fly away.
I returned to the UK late last year, and with a camera by my side the whole time decided to shoot something personal both as an homage to Jake's track, and as a postcard of the town I grew up in as I see it now.
Affected by an over-saturated population, and the GFC it seems to have lost the lustre and charm it had when I was growing up, yet it's still a place I call home.

This is a passion project and is in not an official Jake Bugg video.

No comments:

Post a Comment