Description Description Description Description Description Description
Description

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Me x Platypus; Our Sneakers Your Story


Telling the story of people's shoes is something I probably know more about than most as for the past few years IDYSM has done just that on a daily basis with me unearthing the stories of sneaker wearers in cities around the world.
It seems that the Australian store Platypus is using a similar idea for their new 'Our Sneakers Your Story' campaign, so I guess it seemed apt that they asked me reveal my own story by picking a shoe from their store and telling you a bit about why I chose it.
Picking a single pair isn't easy as the vast array of stock on offer in any Platypus store is likely to give anyone a headache, but I finally decided to choose a shoe that combines an interesting story with a great look; the Nike Air Waffle.
The shoe of course tips a firm nod to Nike's history by using the same waffle name that Bill Bowerman started it all with, but with a modern twist and great colourways on offer (I went for the Sport Grey/Anthracite/Black/Metallic/Silver) 'the Waffle' is destined to be as much of a part of Nike's future as it is it's past.
I hate having shots taken of me, so the image above is pretty rare, but shows me wearing the shoe with Neuw Iggy Skinny jeans, a Undercover x Nike Gyakusou Tracksuit top and Saturdays NYC tee.



No comments:

Post a Comment