Description Description Description Description Description Description
Description

Monday 21 October 2013

Tom; Sydney






Being from the UK, it's distressing that I don't get to see more adidas action on the streets in Sydney, as in the UK, (and Europe overall I would say) it's a brand deeply engrained into street culture far more than is evident in Oz.
Tom is a mate of mine that I have the pleasure of working with from time to time.  Originally from the UK too, he's a skilled Editor and also a great stills shooter too, and it's become evident to me that he's on a one man crusade to give the 3 Stripes some much needed Sydney love.
His shoe of choice is the Samba, the indoor football classic that became an early 90's mainstay alongside the Gazelle on the streets of the UK at the height of Britpop.
He wears these kicks every day, and when they're worn out to the point that it's time to call 'full-time' on their wearability he replaces them with a new pair; the kind of die-hard commitment that I see often with Vans, and Cons, but very rarely with adidas in Australia.
Good for you Tom, but all I ask is that you please wear clean socks while I work with you.  Ta.



No comments:

Post a Comment