Description Description Description Description Description Description
Description

Friday 14 June 2013

Joe; Sydney




Something I love examining on IDYSM is not only individual stories, but also how trends and styles can influence whole communities and cities.  I mention this as Ross' footwear (and overall look) stood out to me in Sydney's Bondi Beach for not being the type of thing you would expect to see in this area (the over-riding Bondi style is low key and lo-fi) so I was intrigued to find out more about this satorially mysterious Air Jordan 3 wearer!
It turns out that my instincts were onto something as Joe is from New York, and picked up these Bright Crimson variations on the Jordan 3 from a backstreet store in Brooklyn, and it took him some effort to land the shoes which were on a limited release at the time.
While he see's the shoe as being a very New York style of shoe (a colourful basketball inspired shoe) his kicks were not the only thing that saw him stand out as his outfit was littered with interesting pieces including a leather jacket from Prada, pants from Y-3 and a shirt from Homecore, which are all pieces picked up from his travels around the world doing...actually I'm not quite sure what exactly, he mentioned something to do with a church and something to do with being a photographer but he was very vague about his job.
Either way though, my take is that Joe is something of an enigma, and I was glad to meet someone bringing an eclectic taste of his own life, and something a bit different to my neighbourhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment